9 Things To Consider When Choosing a Wedding Limo
I’d say that all brides have an idea of what their dream wedding will look like from start to finish. Included in the dreams, some may focus more on the dress, and others on the ceremony or reception. If you’ve been thinking about how you will arrive at the wedding or reception, often times arriving in a limousine will be the first transportation that comes to mind. But how do you know which company or limo to pick?
Aadvanced Limousines shared with us their top 9 things to consider when choosing a wedding limo. We thought this list would be great to have when making the decision to limo or not to limo.
- Make reservations. Wedding season will mean making arrangements far ahead of time, often a year or more. At minimum, you would want to have the vehicle secured at 6 weeks prior to the event. Follow up a week prior to the event to ensure everything is set as planned.
- Plan some details. Some companies want to know as much as about the event as possible to eliminate any stress from you on the big day. In addition, have a good idea of how many people will be riding, the number of hours you expect to need service and the distance that will be traveled. Pad a little extra, in terms of number of passengers, or time it will take.
- Choose your vehicle. Not all Limousines are a stretch, and not all Limousines have the same amenities. Consider a Limo Bus, often they will boast more space than a traditional Limousine with same accommodations.
- Plan for refreshments. Part of the fun of reserving a Bus or Limo is starting the party before you arrive at the event. Check with the company about offerings for food and beverages along with what may be included.
- Consider your music. Though some companies will offer different accessories for the radio, you may prefer to bring your own music on your ipod or maybe a mixed cd. You will want to ask about the possibilities.
- Plan your routes. Are you going straight from Point A to Point B, or are you planning to meander, making stops at places along the way? You’ll want to inform the company and Chauffeur of your expected itinerary and any special notes about the locations planned to visit.
- Be clear about cost. Each company establishes its own fee structure, whether hourly or flat rate. Make sure you understand any surcharges, such as fuel, and any other hidden or surprise costs.
- Prepare to tip. It’s customary to tip the Chauffeur 18 to 20% of the fare. However, some companies add gratuity automatically to the reservation. While other companies will leave the amount of the tip at the client’s discretion, even though 90% of the chauffeur’s pay comes from gratuity.
- Check ‘em out. To get the best expected experience for your money, be sure to check on-line reviews and referrals. Feel free to visit the potential providers facility and see the ACTUAL vehicle you are interested in.
These tips were brought to you by Aadvanced Limousines of Indianapolis. If you’d like to get with them to book a limo, here is their contact information as well as their social media profile links so you can follow them too!