Do You Trust Your Wedding Photographer?
It seems in this day and age of digital photography that everyone is a world-renowned wedding photographer just like, White Ash Photography. The cost of ownership of a decent DSLR camera has reached an affordable price point and every smartphone on the market boasts about the superb quality of the camera in-tow. All of that is great, but do you really trust one of the most important days in any couple’s life to the photographic skills of Aunt Jane Doe, whose husband just bought her a new camera 6 weeks ago? Granted, there are some extremely quick learners out there, but we’re talking about your wedding day. The one day that may have a financial investment comparable to that of a compact car. The one day that brings together families from near and far. The one day that you can cherish for a lifetime. Think about the memories that are made at any wedding, never to be repeated, and the moments you may not see while you’re wrapped up in overwhelming bliss of the entire celebration. These are just some of the reasons you should invest in a professional wedding photographer. Do you trust them?
- Do you trust that they will be well prepared?
- A wedding photographer should have the proper gear and be trained to shoot in various conditions. They should also have backup gear available and an associate/2nd shooter. Not to forget, they should always be prompt and alert to their surroundings.
- Do you trust that they will be presentable?
- Your photographer should dress the part. Jeans and a tux printed tee are not acceptable. Photographers tend to move about during the ceremony and reception. Therefore, the photographer should blend in with the crowd and try to be as discreet as possible.
- Do you trust that they will have an accommodating personality?
- A wedding photographer should always be aware that they are not only dealing with the bride and groom on their wedding day, but the entire party and attendees. Their social skills should be of the utmost level and able to handle all types of personalities while shooting with professionalism.
- Do you trust that their technical skills are on par to handle the fast paced event?
- A wedding day of 8 hours or more may seem like an extremely long time, but the fact of the matter is that it flies by very quickly. In the course of a day, shooting may take place in a dark church, outside in bright sun, at night, in a reception hall, with flashing DJ lights. All of these changes happen quickly as the day progresses and the photographer should be skilled to adjust quickly as well.
- Do you trust them with your money?
- Consider this as important as the rest of this list combined. Quality wedding photography is not cheap! Normally a 50% deposit is required just to book the date and remainder paid prior to the wedding day. With that stated you must trust that the photographer, who now has a large chunk of your nest egg, will uphold their end of the deal. This is no laughing matter! Read and sign a contract!
- Do you trust that they will deliver outstanding images?
- Review each potential photographer’s portfolio. Find a style that you like and fits how you would like your wedding documented. Then ask them to bring an expanded portfolio, album samples, or more images to the consultation. Then you should get a good feel of their actual ability to deliver the images you desire. You may even ask them to explain how they created/captured a certain image. It may all be gibberish to you, but if it’s delivered without hesitation, it is more than likely spot on and they can reproduce it. Consistency is a good thing.
These are only a few of the questions and concerns you should think about when hiring your wedding photographer. You should definitely have a consultation with the desired photographer and build a relationship and rapport with the person prior to booking and/or paying a deposit. Make sure that your hired professional has a rock solid contract to protect both parties, and is able to deliver the services you desire. Finally, take care of it early in the planning stages, this is where you’ll be able to determine whether or not you would want The Perfect Wedding Video company on site, to create videos that make memories last forever. A quality wedding photographer is always in demand and they book up wedding season early in the year, sometimes even a year in advance. Then sit back, enjoy your day, and trust them to handle business.
Please follow and like us: